Does this bother you? - Page 2 - Mustang Boards


Political Talk Keep it intelligent in here. All political topics are fair game.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old 03-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Deathdiesel's Avatar
Bored...
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas, Gatesville
Posts: 2,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PColav6 View Post
God damn racist.
Gee thanks...wtf did i ever do to you?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdiesel View Post
Gee thanks...wtf did i ever do to you?

he is touchy about racism, he has a black lab.


BAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:08 PM
NewMustangMan's Avatar
Go Lobos!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 1,104
Default

hahahaha awesome im gonna sig that!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM
jjtgiants's Avatar
jjtgiants
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 4,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNRacing View Post
lol, this is funny.

It can't ALL be blamed on Obama, this whole mess has been compounded for years and years, before Bush, probably getting fired up near the beginning of Clinton's administration.

America needs to learn the right way to live again and hopefully this will help knock us back flat on our asses. WE, as in all of us need to learn to live within our means, as in, if you can't afford the car/truck/house/insurance payment, don't sign on the dotted line. If you can't afford the credit card payment at the end of the month, keep it in your wallett or shred it. All of these people knew what they were risking on these ARMS and all of these other "gimme something for free" loans. I'm just sick of people blaming everyone but themselves, if you bought that house that you knew you couldn't afford if the interest rate increased then YOU made a bad decision.
Now, I think the Obama administration is coo coo, they seem to think they can "fix" the economy by throwing away billions of dollars to places like AIG is going to "stimulate" the economy.. bah! The only reason why these companies are getting bailed out is because that money is making it's way back to the politicians pockets in one way or another.
+1 except for the last paragraph. From what i've read the AIG issue is a lot deeper than that.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-24-2009, 08:22 PM
PistonsFan102's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,183
Default

On the last paragraph I think you should look at the collapse of Lehman Bros. and see what it did to the credit panic in the US.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-24-2009, 08:28 PM
WNRacing's Avatar
KWITCHERBITCHIN
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 6,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtgiants View Post
+1 except for the last paragraph. From what i've read the AIG issue is a lot deeper than that.
AIG is a SCUM company. They undercut all of the competition on their rates, only to throw all of their money into shaky stocks trying the "get rich quick schemes" then when all of the money in the stock market was lost they couldn't pay their claims and had to run to the government and suck money from the tax payers. They have already applied for a rate reduction in TN because now they have plenty of money in the bank and they can undercut all of the competition again. You can see the cycle I'm getting at here... The only problem is that this time it was made very public and it probably going to backfire in their faces.

Someone is on the inside of that deal and getting their pockets stuffed, and it sure as heck isn't you or me.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
HokieStang00's Avatar
Blackity Black
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 848
Default

I don't understand people's relationship of shitty economy = shitty president, vice versa, as if the president has so much influence on it. Things got bad when Bush was in office and people hated him for it. Now Obama comes along and they have this unreal expectation that he's going to solve everything overnight. I'm no politics major, but I'm pretty sure the shithole we're in runs a lot deeper than one man's decisions.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 AM
jjtgiants's Avatar
jjtgiants
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 4,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNRacing View Post
AIG is a SCUM company. They undercut all of the competition on their rates, only to throw all of their money into shaky stocks trying the "get rich quick schemes" then when all of the money in the stock market was lost they couldn't pay their claims and had to run to the government and suck money from the tax payers. They have already applied for a rate reduction in TN because now they have plenty of money in the bank and they can undercut all of the competition again. You can see the cycle I'm getting at here... The only problem is that this time it was made very public and it probably going to backfire in their faces.

Someone is on the inside of that deal and getting their pockets stuffed, and it sure as heck isn't you or me.
I agree with you, I'm just saying their scummy tactics made it so their hands were in everything, so much so that AIG alone could have taken down most of the financial institutions in this country. I'm assuming by saying someone on the inside you mean politicians. I don't think that's the case. The AIG dudes were getting their pockets stuffed and totally took advantage because they knew the government couldn't let them fail.

This won't be a very popular statement, but I'd nationalize AIG for 1 week in order to get all of those crooks out of their and new leaders in there.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-25-2009, 07:30 AM
WNRacing's Avatar
KWITCHERBITCHIN
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 6,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtgiants View Post
I agree with you, I'm just saying their scummy tactics made it so their hands were in everything, so much so that AIG alone could have taken down most of the financial institutions in this country. I'm assuming by saying someone on the inside you mean politicians. I don't think that's the case. The AIG dudes were getting their pockets stuffed and totally took advantage because they knew the government couldn't let them fail.

This won't be a very popular statement, but I'd nationalize AIG for 1 week in order to get all of those crooks out of their and new leaders in there.

...Considering how hard our domestic auto manufacturers had to fight for what, 17 billion (each) you really don't think that there are a handful of politicians getting their pockets stuffed out of the 140+ billion dollars that we just handed over to AIG?

I think we should let AIG go under. Demand a refund of all of the bailout money and let them try to operate in bankruptcy or just shut down all together. There are plenty of insurance companies out there ready to pick up the pieces.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 AM
blank
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNRacing View Post
...Considering how hard our domestic auto manufacturers had to fight for what, 17 billion (each) you really don't think that there are a handful of politicians getting their pockets stuffed out of the 140+ billion dollars that we just handed over to AIG?

I think we should let AIG go under. Demand a refund of all of the bailout money and let them try to operate in bankruptcy or just shut down all together. There are plenty of insurance companies out there ready to pick up the pieces.
Capitalism FTW. Markets have the ability to correct themselves in bad times, by giving those who haven't been stupid an opportunity to succeed. By subsidizing the idiots, this lull period is only going to be extended or be made worse by dragging everyone under. This was the point behind Rick Sanetelli's rant on CNBC.

Now, those that blame Obama or Bush solely for this only have to look to themselves since it was congress that screwed this one up. However, presidents like FDR, Johnson, Carter, and Clinton all didn't help by passing legislation to get us into this mess. However, I will blame Obama for making it worse. There's a reason why when Bush left, the market stabilized and as soon as Obama opened his mouth, Wall St went !@#$, SELL! What Obama is trying to do is emulate FDR, by increasing spending in a time of recession. However, there's a couple problems with that. First is that FDR didn't have $11 trillion of debt to deal w/. Second is that what FDR did had no effect on the depression, but may have actually extended it. Third is the fact that FDR had the dollar on the gold standard. Now we don't so we are very now vulnerable to inflation. If you want to see how bad it is, see Glen Beck's video on An Inconvenient Debt. What's even worse is Obama is to set new records highs for budgets, yet this is a time where tax collection is down because of the economy and a time where we can't get loans anymore. This means inflation. Apparently, Obama never learned about the depression and what role inflation played (especially in Europe).
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 AM
jjtgiants's Avatar
jjtgiants
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 4,177
Default

[QUOTE=WNRacing;393812]...Considering how hard our domestic auto manufacturers had to fight for what, 17 billion (each) you really don't think that there are a handful of politicians getting their pockets stuffed out of the 140+ billion dollars that we just handed over to AIG? QUOTE]

I would like to hope not, and if there are a handful of them they will eventually get caught and I hope they go to jail. I would also like to think that any politician elected to Congress would have enough political sense not to touch anything having to do with AIG. I'm probably giving them to much credit by assuming they are smart enough to realize that.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
blank
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,451
Default

[QUOTE=jjtgiants;393822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNRacing View Post
...Considering how hard our domestic auto manufacturers had to fight for what, 17 billion (each) you really don't think that there are a handful of politicians getting their pockets stuffed out of the 140+ billion dollars that we just handed over to AIG? QUOTE]

I would like to hope not, and if there are a handful of them they will eventually get caught and I hope they go to jail. I would also like to think that any politician elected to Congress would have enough political sense not to touch anything having to do with AIG. I'm probably giving them to much credit by assuming they are smart enough to realize that.
Who do you think let AIG give out bonuses? That's why Chris Dodd has been on a denying spree for ages. Why do you think Chris Dodd, Barney Franks, etc. all were saying to invest in Freddie and Fannie? Because they were the top two paid by both organizations. It says something when you have Chuck Shmuckster saying that the American public doesn't care about pork.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 PM
More Cowbell
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,001
Default

This is probably to late to chime in this one but here goes:

That giant sucking sound that Ross Perot mentioned in his bid for president has arrived.. When our United states gave free trade to Mexico, was the begining of that. A large corp. wants to make money. YES. Moving that corp to Mexico for labor costs vs. the cost for the move. YES. corp. has made more money in 1 year because labor cost are ******* ridiculously low for any american to fathom, 1 dollar a day, vs 7 dollars an hour at the very minimum for a low level entry manufacturing job.. We have been screwed since this happened. It just took a while for it to show up in statistics..

This has been coming for a long *** time. And skilled jobs don't mean **** anymore. We need skilled jobs here, and the pay scale to recognize it too..
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
don't bother handing guns... Leonide The Lounge 8 11-18-2009 05:48 PM
Cold air intake worth the bother? johnny_munyak 5.0L Tech 12 04-24-2009 04:47 PM
sorry to bother u guys so much :) mr triple six 5.0L Tech 10 09-14-2007 03:57 PM
Why bother with ricers venom Videos 2 07-11-2007 12:32 PM
stages of life for my car. 56k... don't bother. r3dn3ck Pictures 37 08-24-2006 04:28 PM


Tags
black, mustangs, people

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:41 PM.