UFC 100 - Page 2 - Mustang Boards


Sports Talk - Strut your stuff, be an armchair QB, but beware, some people hate your team

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 AM
rkaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 557
Default

Is Lesnar beatable? Yes, he's only had 5 mma fights. His stand up isn't that great, he has no submissions, and his chin hasn't been tested. For a guy with only 5 fights he has done well to win 4 of them. I'm saying he has skill and in 3-4 years no one will be able to stop him. I hate Josh Koscheck, but look at how he has become a much better fighter within a few years. Even GSP didn't look all that good when in started. Brock needs to keep fighting big names and tough guys to become as good as he thinks he is, but I think he can be a dominant force when he gets to be more experienced.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-16-2009, 11:44 AM
NeedACobra's Avatar
What is best in life?
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gulf Breeze, Florida.
Posts: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaz View Post
I'm no way a fan of Frank Mir but didn't he break Sylvia's arm for the belt? Then didn't Sylvia lose it for steroids? And didn't that to old guy Randy beat Tim Sylvia for the belt?
Didnt matt hughes beat serra, And then serra beat GSP, and then GSP beat matt hughs and serra...? (after to losing to both of them in their first matches, but it would never happen again.)

Didnt forrest beat rampage, but couldnt beat jardine?

Whats your point? If you really knew anything about UFC you would know that doesnt ever really mean ****. Everyones got someone they can never, or can always beat. Its just weird like that.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-16-2009, 11:46 AM
NeedACobra's Avatar
What is best in life?
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gulf Breeze, Florida.
Posts: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaz View Post
Is Lesnar beatable? Yes, he's only had 5 mma fights. His stand up isn't that great, he has no submissions, and his chin hasn't been tested. For a guy with only 5 fights he has done well to win 4 of them. I'm saying he has skill and in 3-4 years no one will be able to stop him. I hate Josh Koscheck, but look at how he has become a much better fighter within a few years. Even GSP didn't look all that good when in started. Brock needs to keep fighting big names and tough guys to become as good as he thinks he is, but I think he can be a dominant force when he gets to be more experienced.
Now thats being a bit more reasonable.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
rkaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedACobra View Post
Now thats being a bit more reasonable.
Thats ben my point all this time. Right now Brock is a big guy that has the skills to keep the belt for a while as long as he keeps improving as he goes. Yes one guy has almost always got one other guys #, but thats y they fight. On paper a fight is way different than the fight itself. Like Wanderlia had beat the **** out of Rampage twice in PRIDE but that didn't stop Rampage from ko him in the UFC.
One last note if you knew anything about mma you would know UFC is just a brand not the sport itself. You keep referring to the UFC as the sport when their are a ton of other brands out their. Given no one compares to the UFC.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
NeedACobra's Avatar
What is best in life?
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gulf Breeze, Florida.
Posts: 1,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaz View Post
Thats ben my point all this time. Right now Brock is a big guy that has the skills to keep the belt for a while as long as he keeps improving as he goes. Yes one guy has almost always got one other guys #, but thats y they fight. On paper a fight is way different than the fight itself. Like Wanderlia had beat the **** out of Rampage twice in PRIDE but that didn't stop Rampage from ko him in the UFC.
One last note if you knew anything about mma you would know UFC is just a brand not the sport itself. You keep referring to the UFC as the sport when their are a ton of other brands out their. Given no one compares to the UFC.
Well thats because all the other mma organizations are crap. Pride and WEC are the only ones that can even come near the UFC. But you wont catch me ordering their PPV's. UFC has more talented fighters. Bottom line. Thats why alot of the fighters from Pride are making the transition over to the UFC, and others are leaving to join WEC. Some want more and some cant hang.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:34 PM
rkaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedACobra View Post
Well thats because all the other mma organizations are crap. Pride and WEC are the only ones that can even come near the UFC. But you wont catch me ordering their PPV's. UFC has more talented fighters. Bottom line. Thats why alot of the fighters from Pride are making the transition over to the UFC, and others are leaving to join WEC. Some want more and some cant hang.
PRIDE damn dude the UFC bought them out like 2 years ago. The UFC was going to keep it going but their was sum sort of problem in that with someone in japan. If you go on yahoo sports under UFC (pisses me off because it's a brand not the sport) and read the "UFC pres Dana White they have to kill me to keep us out of japan"
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official WEC/UFC/MMA Thread - *Spoilers* Badfish The Lounge 105 11-23-2010 09:21 AM
UFC 100 usaf88 SMACK Talk! 2 07-14-2009 08:01 AM
UFC on spike 2nite... 4.6 Love The Lounge 0 04-06-2006 04:00 PM
The official Ufc 58 thread... 4.6 Love The Lounge 11 03-04-2006 12:22 PM
Whos watching the UFC fight 2nite? 4.6 Love The Lounge 9 02-06-2006 07:31 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 AM.