Question about BOV - Mustang Boards


Power Adders Technical discussions for forced induction with nitrous and blowers.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-17-2006, 07:37 PM
00PerfRedGT's Avatar
Its good to be blown...
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 187
Default Question about BOV

I just installed my new supercharger yesterday and I am waiting to put on the new harmonic balancer on monday (wasnt with kit) but I had a question about using a blow off valve. I have seen several people use the vortech mini race but what if I went with a turboxs bov? I ask because on www.streetfire.net I saw a 5.0 with a vortech and a turboxs bov and it sounded awesome. I could also get one for very cheap so it lead me to think it should work but I have to ask before I buy one. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2006, 12:38 AM
cuban3jumper's Avatar
Your local V6 Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00PerfRedGT View Post
I just installed my new supercharger yesterday and I am waiting to put on the new harmonic balancer on monday (wasnt with kit) but I had a question about using a blow off valve. I have seen several people use the vortech mini race but what if I went with a turboxs bov? I ask because on www.streetfire.net I saw a 5.0 with a vortech and a turboxs bov and it sounded awesome. I could also get one for very cheap so it lead me to think it should work but I have to ask before I buy one. thanks


You can do it as long as you are not venting metered air.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-18-2006, 06:18 AM
00PerfRedGT's Avatar
Its good to be blown...
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 187
Default

What exactly do you mean by that? I am still trying to learn about all the different supercharger setups and I know I should use a BPV or BOV I just need to know where I need to put it in relation to the filter, IAT, the two emission hoses, MAF, the supercharger, and the inlet pipe. I think after seeing a couple pictures of what other people did the MAF has to be after the BOV and then the IAT was up near the throttle body. What doesn't make sense though is on www.streetfire.net the 5.0 iI saw just had the supercharger then a few inches of pipe and the BOV was there and then it went straight to the throttle body. I am sorry for any stupid questions and for it being long but I am very anxious to learn. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-18-2006, 07:53 AM
BrentK's Avatar
Win it or wreck it
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: My Heart is in Ohio
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00PerfRedGT View Post
What exactly do you mean by that? I am still trying to learn about all the different supercharger setups and I know I should use a BPV or BOV I just need to know where I need to put it in relation to the filter, IAT, the two emission hoses, MAF, the supercharger, and the inlet pipe. I think after seeing a couple pictures of what other people did the MAF has to be after the BOV and then the IAT was up near the throttle body. What doesn't make sense though is on www.streetfire.net the 5.0 iI saw just had the supercharger then a few inches of pipe and the BOV was there and then it went straight to the throttle body. I am sorry for any stupid questions and for it being long but I am very anxious to learn. Thanks
The bov has to be before the maf so that the bov is not venting metered air.

Search on svtp..the topic has come up many times
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-18-2006, 09:41 AM
cuban3jumper's Avatar
Your local V6 Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 841
Default

What he said. You can do whatever you want a long the lines of a BPV or BOV but you can not vent metered air. That is air that has gone past the MAF. In simpler terms In order the air flow must go like this in a BOV set-up.

Atmosphere, BOV, MAF, Intakes.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2006, 02:39 PM
00PerfRedGT's Avatar
Its good to be blown...
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 187
Default

What if i did put the BOV after the MAF but didnt reuse the air?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2006, 03:02 PM
BrentK's Avatar
Win it or wreck it
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: My Heart is in Ohio
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00PerfRedGT View Post
What if i did put the BOV after the MAF but didnt reuse the air?
Then the engine will be sending the fuel for air that you vented off which will cause the engine to run extremely bad
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2006, 03:17 PM
00PerfRedGT's Avatar
Its good to be blown...
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 187
Default

do yall have any pictures of where exactly to put it? i swear i am not lazy i looked up all this stuff last night and i found pictures of like 5 or 6 different wasy to set it up. so i am confused as to where it goes on my setup.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
00PerfRedGT's Avatar
Its good to be blown...
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 187
Default

My main problem is that the inlet pipe to the supercharger is not metal it is like a slinky type hose that is rubber so i think i would have to put it on the pipe right after the filter, before the MAF. the only problem is that IAT is to the side of where i would put the BOV. As long as the BOV didnt blow air into the IAT or blow it right behind the MAF it would work right? The other thing is that i am getting my car dyno tuned on Tues so I wont be able to get it dyno tuned so would it be ok to just not have the air reused?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Default

what did you do? mine looks like it was set up after the filter, slinky, and maf on the supercharger itself .
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-22-2012, 02:38 PM
venom's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,075
Default

Thread is old from 2006, dont think he will respond.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-26-2012, 11:04 PM
00PerfRedGT's Avatar
Its good to be blown...
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 187
Default

I ended up selling the kit because I couldn't find any real support for a pre-Paxton cog driven supercharger. I am now going with a Tork Tech kit with a 03-04 Cobra blower. I havent posted in forever haha. I am always on though and getting updated just havent done too much to my car. Venom great build by the way...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:45 AM
venom's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,075
Default

I stand corrected, lol.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sweet BOV PureStang Videos 1 11-13-2006 06:51 PM
Bov apexcopy33 General Tech Forum 8 12-15-2005 03:24 PM


Tags
2012, 50, blow, bov, externaly, install, maf, mustang, place, setup, turboxs, v6, valve, vented, wynjammer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 PM.