President Obama - Mustang Boards


Political Talk Keep it intelligent in here. All political topics are fair game.

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Ketchum & Killem
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default President Obama

Anyone watch the inaguration today?

When Obama was giving his speech Bush looked like he was pouting.
  #2  
Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
PistonsFan102's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,183
Default

I watched it. I didn't vote for him, but for some reason I am not upset that he won. I honestly think he won't lean all the way to the left.

Good luck Barack!!!
  #3  
Old 01-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Pinole, Ca
Posts: 3,842
Default

i thought about watching it but i just went on with my life instead
  #4  
Old 01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Ketchum & Killem
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger00 View Post
i thought about watching it but i just went on with my life instead
One of these days yer gonna be back on this end of the drink.

lol...
  #5  
Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 PM
3.8for the win's Avatar
Evolution 9
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,887
Default

i watched president obama's speech and swearing in, then i left to go snowboarding.

good luck president obama!!!!
  #6  
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
King's Avatar
iDontcare
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,432
Default

I missed it and I was pissed about it too! I was told that I'd get suspended if I left class to go watch it, what kind of shi- is that?
  #7  
Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 PM
PistonsFan102's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,183
Default

I just think people think "change" is going to happen over night. Citizens have their expectations really high for this man. He is no God, and it will take time for this country to turn around.

But I like him...well partially.
  #8  
Old 01-21-2009, 05:28 AM
blank
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan102 View Post
I watched it. I didn't vote for him, but for some reason I am not upset that he won. I honestly think he won't lean all the way to the left.

Good luck Barack!!!
You kidding? His speech was chock full of his liberal plans. Socialized healthcare, more bailouts, more federal involvement in education, etc. Sounds to me either we are going deeper in the hole in terms of debt or taxes are going sky high w/ this man. Just what we needed at a time like this.

Oh, did I mention? This was such a historic event.
  #9  
Old 01-21-2009, 06:27 AM
3.8LMustang's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Default

nope
  #10  
Old 01-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Pinole, Ca
Posts: 3,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThe Ripper View Post
One of these days yer gonna be back on this end of the drink.

lol...
i know and its a scary thought...
  #11  
Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 AM
PColav6's Avatar
FYL.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 7,493
Default

Missed it. Oh well.
  #12  
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 AM
WNRacing's Avatar
KWITCHERBITCHIN
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 6,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThe Ripper View Post
Anyone watch the inaguration today?

When Obama was giving his speech Bush looked like he was pouting.
I watched some of it here at my computer.. I thought Bush carried himself very well, looked bored as ****, but he seemed very respectful.

We'll see what happens, Obama can give a speech like no one's business, but can he actually run the country?.. Who knows? He has no experience, so it's going to be interesting.
  #13  
Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Redrum's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Humble,Tx
Posts: 524
Default

was workin
  #14  
Old 01-21-2009, 10:09 AM
jjtgiants's Avatar
jjtgiants
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 4,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNRacing View Post
I watched some of it here at my computer.. I thought Bush carried himself very well, looked bored as ****, but he seemed very respectful.

We'll see what happens, Obama can give a speech like no one's business, but can he actually run the country?.. Who knows? He has no experience, so it's going to be interesting.
From what I've read and seen on the news it seems as if the Bush Admin was very respectful with the transition so my hat goes off to him and his staff. I didn't think he was pouting...Just couldn't tell if he was a little upset his time was up, or if he was relieved he doesn't have to deal with this mess anymore. Either way I can't blame him.

That is the million dollar question......can he take the great speeches and make things happen? Only time will tell. I also dont' think he is going to lean as far to the left as most people think. Pelosi is going to get PISSED at Obama at some point.

He might have some liberal plans, but do some of you suggest government do nothing to help the economy? If that's the case then you probably think Roosevelts "New Deal" was a joke to. I don't pretend to have any answers to the economic crisis, but I don't think government can sit back and do nothing. If that were to happen some of you would start saying the Government didn't do enough to help while the country crumbled.....can't have it both ways.
  #15  
Old 01-21-2009, 01:29 PM
blank
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,451
Default

The New Deal was a joke. Ask any real economist and they'll say it was the war, not "The New Deal" that brought us out of the depression. What the New Deal did though was make it seem like the government was trying. Though it screwed us in the end thanks to Freddie, Social Security, and all the other government programs that it created that later crashed or will. If the government wants to do something to help the economy, the answer isn't to make the $10 trillion of debt plus the deficit bigger.
  #16  
Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
00blkstanggt's Avatar
Hot, Nasty, Bad ass speed
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Livermore, Ca
Posts: 3,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNRacing View Post
I watched some of it here at my computer.. I thought Bush carried himself very well, looked bored as ****, but he seemed very respectful.

We'll see what happens, Obama can give a speech like no one's business, but can he actually run the country?.. Who knows? He has no experience, so it's going to be interesting.
He might not have as much politcal experience as some, but who has experience running the country? Nobody until they are in office. Give him a chance and see what he can do in 4 years. Just cause you have tons of experience doesn't mean you would do great things. More than likely that just means you have more experience being corrupt. haha. Anyways, I didn't have any experience with my job right now, but I kicked *** in the interview and have proven myself.
  #17  
Old 01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Ketchum & Killem
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNRacing View Post
We'll see what happens, Obama can give a speech like no one's business, but can he actually run the country?.. Who knows? He has no experience, so it's going to be interesting.

Where do you get the rediculous idea he has no experience? He has been axctivly participating in the Political arena for 20 years.

There is a massive difference between having 20 years of experience, and having "no experience".

do you think they just grabbed some random dude working at burger king and made him president?

There are only 4 people alive who have experience bring a President of the Unites States of america. George H, George W, Carter, and Bill Clinton.

and i sure diddnt see any of them on the polls.

lol
  #18  
Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 PM
King's Avatar
iDontcare
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,432
Default

I'm not going to get too involved in this experience debate because anytime we talk politics and I get involved, people get pissed. My only real input is this:

Regardless of if you like him or not, Barack Obama is the President of our great nation and deserves your respect. So no matter what you actually think, do not disrespect our President.
  #19  
Old 01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Leonide's Avatar
Avatar just for Jack
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Whitehall, Ohio
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
I'm not going to get too involved in this experience debate because anytime we talk politics and I get involved, people get pissed. My only real input is this:

Regardless of if you like him or not, Barack Obama is the President of our great nation and deserves your respect. So no matter what you actually think, do not disrespect our President.

+1 for truth. and from an Army standpoint, he is our commander-in-chief, and we must respect the man, no matter who he is.
  #20  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:06 AM
blank
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThe Ripper View Post
Where do you get the rediculous idea he has no experience? He has been axctivly participating in the Political arena for 20 years.

There is a massive difference between having 20 years of experience, and having "no experience".

do you think they just grabbed some random dude working at burger king and made him president?

There are only 4 people alive who have experience bring a President of the Unites States of america. George H, George W, Carter, and Bill Clinton.

and i sure diddnt see any of them on the polls.

lol
Being part of politics isn't experience. One needs leadership experience. W had it because he was governor. Clinton had because of the same deal. H.W. had it from being head of CIA. Carter was a peanut farmer, and his inexperience showed. Plus, in the 20 years Obama has been in politics, what has he done? As far as I can tell, the only thing he has done was get to where he was by default (most elections he won he was the only candidate) and once in the US senate, set the record on voting present. Yeah, that's sounds like plenty of experience. Welcome everyone to Carter's 2nd term.
  #21  
Old 01-22-2009, 09:15 AM
WNRacing's Avatar
KWITCHERBITCHIN
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 6,024
Default

Oh my god Chris, pull your thong out of your ***, either that or go make out with Obama 'cause it sounds like you've got a serious man crush.

You make it sound like I made some uber-degrading remark about the guy when all I said was this his lack of experience was going to be interesting to watch. I don't care what kind of "20 year" bullshit you talk about, like bassman said, he has had very little true leadership experience in any part of his political career.

Let me shorten my explanation. - He talks a very good talk, but will his actions back up what his mouth says? Only time will tell.

Oh, and BTW JMHO so far his actions aren't backing anything that he has said up. Another trillion dollar "stimulous" bailout?. That's really going to help.. More monopoly money!

Anyway, good luck to the guy, and good luck to all of us, keep your fingers crossed and save as much money as you can.
  #22  
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Lazerred6's Avatar
Pocket Rocket
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 3,791
Default

Bye Bye Gitmo

Day 2 and Obama closes the door

I didn't specifically like the place but I guess interigations for terrorists will be different from now on




Interigator "please tell us where your sleeper cell is hiding"

Suspect "No"

Interigator "damn"
  #23  
Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 AM
PistonsFan102's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,183
Default

I definately do not agree with closin down and Gitmo.

And another thing, Bush already tried stimulus packages. Can someone explain to Obama that it didn't work?


...in the end he is my president and I will respect him like King said.
  #24  
Old 01-22-2009, 10:26 AM
jjtgiants's Avatar
jjtgiants
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 4,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerred6 View Post
Bye Bye Gitmo

Day 2 and Obama closes the door

I didn't specifically like the place but I guess interigations for terrorists will be different from now on




Interigator "please tell us where your sleeper cell is hiding"

Suspect "No"

Interigator "damn"

LOL....that sounds about right. I haven't really formed an opinion on this Gitmo thing or torture. I generally think we need to do what is necessary to keep our country safe, but at what expense. I don't know.

I don't know if there is any job in America that can prepare you to be president. By some of the logic you guys use it would seem to me that there would only be a few Governors that would have enough experience to run a this country, and those Governors would be from the big states like Cali, Texas, Florida ect....otherwise how is running Alaska where the budget it tiny or population is tiny compared to the rest of the big states that are used to dealing with billions of dollars and millions of people.

Only time will tell, so for all of you internet scholars.... relax it's only been two days into the adminstration.
  #25  
Old 01-22-2009, 10:30 AM
jjtgiants's Avatar
jjtgiants
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 4,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan102 View Post
I definately do not agree with closin down and Gitmo.

And another thing, Bush already tried stimulus packages. Can someone explain to Obama that it didn't work?


...in the end he is my president and I will respect him like King said.
the stimulus package Bush put together basically went to banks and it's not working because they aren't loaning any of the money the Fed's game them.

Obama's stimulus package would go more towards infrastructure projects throughout the country to get people working....when contruction stops in this country we are in a world of hurt and were are seeing that happen now. I think he is basically trying a new version of the "New Deal". I have no idea if it will work or not, but we'll see. I'm sure some of the internet scholars on this site will tell us why it won't work cause they know everything.
  #26  
Old 01-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Dave04Mustang's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Marcos, TX
Posts: 2,950
Default

I don't agree with closing down Gitmo. Yeah sure there were some people saying they weren't being treated right but hey at least we don't cut people's heads off on satellite TV...
  #27  
Old 01-22-2009, 11:46 AM
jjtgiants's Avatar
jjtgiants
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 4,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave04Mustang View Post
I don't agree with closing down Gitmo. Yeah sure there were some people saying they weren't being treated right but hey at least we don't cut people's heads off on satellite TV...
I'm not trying to argue, just trying to figure out the issue.

What do you think about holding U.S. citizens in Gitmo? I have no idea what we should do with terrorists we've captured outside of the U.S.
  #28  
Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Lazerred6's Avatar
Pocket Rocket
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 3,791
Default

When I read about they were talking about how it will change the way the rest of the world percieves the united states.






Hahahahahahah
  #29  
Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 PM
PistonsFan102's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtgiants View Post
the stimulus package Bush put together basically went to banks and it's not working because they aren't loaning any of the money the Fed's game them.

Obama's stimulus package would go more towards infrastructure projects throughout the country to get people working....when contruction stops in this country we are in a world of hurt and were are seeing that happen now. I think he is basically trying a new version of the "New Deal". I have no idea if it will work or not, but we'll see. I'm sure some of the internet scholars on this site will tell us why it won't work cause they know everything.
Except the New Deal didn't work.
  #30  
Old 01-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Ketchum & Killem
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

Wnracing,

it isnt a man crush. lol. Its just all i ever heared from you was 3rd rate hyperbole of how shitty obama was, but i never saw any valid or relavant points, just typical mudslinging propaganda and rhetoric. That is the only issue i have with your arguements against obama, is they all seem to be the same played out crap that never panned out when everyone else said it and was proven wrong.

, i never even heared you say a single positive thing about Mccain other than he wasnt Obama. I wouldnt be suprised if this was you the morning obama was sworn in.




lol

j/k



And KING, Leonide, i couldnt disagree with you more.

Placing uncompromised trust into anybody without justification is just wrong.

President or not, Obama has a lot to do to prove himself up for the task. America gave him the chance, that doesent mean we should blindly respect him. We absolutly SHOULD challange what he says and voice any objections we have to his policies. That is our duty as Americans to give him feedback on his performance.

I will always have respect for the "Office" of the President of United States of America, I respect his authority and power the american people have granted him in order to enable him to hopefully lead us to a better situation, but it would be a grave disservice to blindly respect the person in that role.

I have about as much respect for George Bush as i have for that lady on Maury getting peternity tests from 11 men to try to determine who the father of her child is.


Did anyone else see Saturday Night Live Last weekend?

C-C-C-C-CAR BATTERIES!!!!!!

GERMAN SHEPARDS FOR $1, buy 2 get the 3rd for free!
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President Barak Obama JackThe Ripper Political Talk 177 11-17-2008 07:52 AM
Tell the president to do the right thing r3dn3ck The Lounge 2 01-08-2008 12:04 PM
Future President?? jjtgiants Political Talk 76 05-15-2007 10:43 AM
Vote For President WaterDR The Lounge 21 11-01-2004 02:46 PM
I met The President Yesterday!!!!!! WaterDR The Lounge 2 10-08-2004 04:59 AM


Tags
internet, renown, scholars, world

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.