sick sounding 2v - Mustang Boards


Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Round Lake, IL
Posts: 188
Default sick sounding 2v

damn I love the sound of this mustang. I cant wait till I get my cams in a few months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTZim...eature=related
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-25-2010, 03:45 PM
08mustang_gt's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Liberty, Missouri
Posts: 2,201
Default

Nahh man. This is a sick sounding 2v.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6B3G...eature=channel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 PM
zigzagg321's Avatar
Ninja
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 10,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustang_gt View Post
Nahh man. This is a sick sounding 2v.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6B3G...eature=channel

I like the first one better. The second dudes exhaust is **** raspy...sounds terrible.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 PM
08mustang_gt's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Liberty, Missouri
Posts: 2,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagg321 View Post
I like the first one better. The second dudes exhaust is **** raspy...sounds terrible.
You're also comparing an idle to a drive-by. Of course the second is more raspy.

But to each his own. I wouldn't be scared of the first one, that second one I'd just roll up my windows and drive like my grandma.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 PM
zigzagg321's Avatar
Ninja
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 10,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustang_gt View Post
You're also comparing an idle to a drive-by. Of course the second is more raspy.

But to each his own. I wouldn't be scared of the first one, that second one I'd just roll up my windows and drive like my grandma.
The second one is rasp ****. The first one isnt and would be far less so if driving like the other rasp **** poo car from the second vid.

rasp = rice I wanna sound like I got a V8, not 50 lawnmowers with no mufflers.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 696
Default

I like it. I love the way any GT sounds with cams though. I should get some myself...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2010, 07:32 AM
08mustang_gt's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Liberty, Missouri
Posts: 2,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_gutta870 View Post
I like it. I love the way any GT sounds with cams though. I should get some myself...
Before you do it make sure you figure out what you want to do.

And do not get the Hot Rod cams. They give absolutely no power themselves.

I'm planning on getting some Comp Stage 2 SPRs and Kooks LTs, and after install it comes out to about $3000.

If you're going to get a blower, get something not as rough as a street grind for the moment being. Like an NSR grind cam.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustang_gt View Post
Before you do it make sure you figure out what you want to do.

And do not get the Hot Rod cams. They give absolutely no power themselves.

I'm planning on getting some Comp Stage 2 SPRs and Kooks LTs, and after install it comes out to about $3000.

If you're going to get a blower, get something not as rough as a street grind for the moment being. Like an NSR grind cam.
THANKS FOR THAT ADVICE..... You think I can throw on a vortech and use the same cam for now as I would then?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2010, 06:42 AM
OmahaMustang's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Omaha, USA
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustang_gt View Post
Nahh man. This is a sick sounding 2v.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6B3G...eature=channel

Sounds Yummy!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:48 AM
spike_africa's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 11,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_gutta870 View Post
THANKS FOR THAT ADVICE..... You think I can throw on a vortech and use the same cam for now as I would then?
Nope, because a cam setup for n/a would bleed off to much boost. You would want a cam setup for boost. You will leave power on the table if you run a n/a cam on a supercharged car.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike_africa View Post
Nope, because a cam setup for n/a would bleed off to much boost. You would want a cam setup for boost. You will leave power on the table if you run a n/a cam on a supercharged car.
Cool Cool
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best sounding mustang 3V2000GT Videos 14 03-26-2007 08:56 PM
Best Sounding Exhaust stage2roush2002 V6 Tech Forums 8 10-06-2006 04:06 PM
baddest sounding corvette ever stang00 Videos 3 08-30-2006 09:18 PM
Greatest Sounding Mustang PERIOD! mcmmotorsports Videos 1 07-31-2006 09:55 AM
The Loudest, Meanest Sounding Exhaust Ever danbc21 The Lounge 14 06-18-2005 10:16 AM


Tags
2004, 2v, 410, forum, forums, gears, gt, installing, kooks, love, mufflers, mustang, sick, sound, youtube

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:37 AM.