King's for sale thread comment thread - Page 3 - Mustang Boards


SMACK Talk! Take it Outside Boys! This is the place to go for some good old fun making or even ranting.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #61  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
King's Avatar
iDontcare
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,432
Default

Gillz, I stand corrected. I could've swore that I had mentioned that I'm upside down on my loan here...but then again I've got a thread like this going on on several sites.

Anyway, when I bought it the economy was thriving -- I had a secure job, and was confident that I could make this work. Then I left my job for school and when I came back there were no jobs to be had for 10 months. Then I fell into the emissions job I've got today, and I've only had this since August. But last summer book for my car dropped over $6,000...you don't usually expect that to happen. So am I a dumbass? No, just got caught in a bad situation along with millions of other folks once the economy tanked.

As far as RWD cars are concerned, most are easy to drive in the snow - V6 Mustang's included. But when buying a V8 Mach 1 in the Spring you're not thinking about the weather that's going to be coming in the end of the year. I don't care who you are, that is not running through your mind. So, like I said in another thread, 'ignorance is bliss' I suppose.

Anyway, I gracefully accept my nomination for gayest argument of year because it really has been. Hell, I almost went to the Stephen level for comments there for a little while, and that sickens me. So I'm done with all of that.

But fact of the matter is that in my current financial situation, keeping the Mach does not make sense.

And Evan, I can't fit in Ford Rangers. I'm 6'5''.

I also can't fit into any of the 90s Nissan Pathfinders, and a few other vehicles. (just thought that I would throw that random fact out there for everybody)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:33 PM
zigzagg321's Avatar
Ninja
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 10,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThe Ripper View Post
Ok, so, how about this. Go on autotrader, list up all trucks, all makes, etc..

then change the filter so it displays the cars/trucks with the highest mileage.

I did this, within 500 miles of my home, all trucks, all makes, models, years, etc, placed highest mileage first.

1) 2000 Ford F350, 397,000 miles
2) 2003 Dodge Ram = 364,000 miles
3) 1999 toyota tacoma, 320,000 miles
4) 2000 ford F350 319,000 miles
5) 1999 ford F350 307,000 miles
6) 1998 dodge ram, 307,702 miles
7) 1986 Chevrolet Silverado 300,000 miles
8) 1999 Ford F350 296,000 miles
9) 1995 ford F250, 291,000 miles
10) 1999 ford F150 285,000 miles


so.... we have one toyota, and 6 fords, 2 dodges, and one chevy.

i dunno man, your statement doesent seem to hold up very well.

lets go a bit further so we can find more imports

11) 1997 chevy cilverado 284k
12) 1986 nissan pickup, 279k
13) ford f350, 279k
14) chevy silverado, 275k
15) ford F250 274k
16) ford f250 273k
17) Ford F250 267k
18) chevy silverado 264k
19) chevy silverado 262k
20) Ford F350 259k miles.

huh... thats wierd... looks like all the running trucks with real high mileage are domestic trucks from the big 3, outnumbering toyota and nissan 19 to 1.



put that in your toyota and smoke it.



EDIT: Ya know, it really does take a while before you start finding imports, i kept searching down, out of 50 trucks over 200,000 miles, 3-4 were imports, the rest are domestic.

what happened to all the super reliable imports? .. oh yah, they got junked at 163,000 miles.

HAHAHAHAHA
those are ones for sale... has NOTHING to do with longevity. They outnumber imports because chevy alone cranks out more trucks than all the imports combined here in the states.

Another reason you dont see many yodas for sale, is that ppl love them and are still driving them and they havent let them down in any way at all. Your example not only doesnt apply to the topic, but its a skewed view of the market based on for sale ads and units produced.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonide View Post



yes they do.

If you think that a ridgeline is a truck...you are a moron.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00blkstanggt View Post
You can't really use this as a basis for your example though. Just because the imports with high mileage aren't up for sale, doesn't mean they aren't still running hence why the owner doesn't want to give it up. Hence why you don't see them on autotrader. American cars get a bad rap, but I think a lot of the reliability comes down to the person who takes care of the car. My uncle has a 99 F150 with over 300,000 miles on it and hasn't had to do any major repairs. He changes the oil on time and that's about it. I've seen imports last a long time and not last that long. Same for american.
.
oh horseshit, you absolutly CAN use that information as a basis on a statement.

That absolutly shows that there are more high mileage domestic trucks in running condition on the road.

The idea that import owners just dont ever sell thier high mileage trucks is rediculous. Trucks are trucks, cars are cars, most people who buy them eventually sell them. The lack of high mileage toyotas on the list clearly shows that there is a lack of high mileage toyotas that are in running condition, especially when comparing them to domestic trucks.

Im not saying that domestics are any more reliable than imports, but i AM saying that zigs statement that a toyota truck is far more reliable than any american truck is complete and utter bullshit.

no offence zig.

lol
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagg321 View Post
those are ones for sale... has NOTHING to do with longevity. They outnumber imports because chevy alone cranks out more trucks than all the imports combined here in the states.

Another reason you dont see many yodas for sale, is that ppl love them and are still driving them and they havent let them down in any way at all. Your example not only doesnt apply to the topic, but its a skewed view of the market based on for sale ads and units produced.

If you think that a ridgeline is a truck...you are a moron.
Ok then "Mr. i swing from the nuts of toyota"

Im gonna stump you real quick with this.

"Back up your statement with valid proof that toyota trucks are more reliable than any fo the big 3"

and dont just give me some **** about them being better than the 02 ram, or the 99 ranger, i want proof that toyotas trucks in general are better and more reliabe than the big 3.

because all i see are a lack of any toyotas running around with over 200k miles.

to me it looks like 95% of them blew the **** up.

lol

EVEN IF the big 3 produce more trucks, if toyota was so goddamn reliable then we should STILL see more and more toyota trucks, because they should all outlast the fords, chevys and dodges.

but we dont see that either

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
WNRacing's Avatar
KWITCHERBITCHIN
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 6,024
Default

This is an interesting study by KBB.. Doesn't necessarily prove anything, but I thought the information was well.. Interesting.

http://mediaroom.kbb.com/kelley-blue...ation-declines
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

I dug around a bit, i cant find anything that shows imports trucks to be more reliable than domestic trucks... ir vica versa..

but you know me..

Nothing gets my attention faster than taking a hardball stance on a subject and making unverified or unvalidated statements and declaring them as fact.

personally i think that is whats wrong with the world today, people generally believe any summarization that sounds good to them, without bothering to see if it is true or not.

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
zigzagg321's Avatar
Ninja
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 10,155
Default

Ok jack, whatever. I have proof here in my driveway. So do about 20 other people I know.

Im not going to rely on trucks that are for sale for a basis of reliability. Those trucks are for sale because the person selling them doesnt want them anymore...wonder why. Combine that with how chevy/dodge/ford make hundreds of thousands more trucks than toyota/nissan (US market) and its no wonder why you can find 20 or 2000 high mileage american trucks for sale and hardly any japanese trucks.

You are smart enough to know that if you have 10,000 of one thing and 100 of another, that more of the 10,000 group will be represented in a market, than the 100 group.

Why is your beater a Honda? Cause you know that it doesnt matter if it has a billion miles on it...it will still work. cant say the same thing about a chevy cavalier, or dodge neon, or ford escort.

New jap trucks are failing faster and faster... well ****...they are made in america. go figure. (it pains me to say that, but its true)

Last edited by zigzagg321; 01-07-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
PistonsFan102's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,183
Default

I am glad this thread exists. It kept me occupied for 10 minutes while I was bored. haha
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagg321 View Post
Ok jack, whatever. I have proof here in my driveway. So do about 20 other people I know.

Im not going to rely on trucks that are for sale for a basis of reliability. Those trucks are for sale because the person selling them doesnt want them anymore...wonder why. Combine that with how chevy/dodge/ford make hundreds of thousands more trucks than toyota/nissan (US market) and its no wonder why you can find 20 or 2000 high mileage american trucks for sale and hardly any japanese trucks.

You are smart enough to know that if you have 10,000 of one thing and 100 of another, that more of the 10,000 group will be represented in a market, than the 100 group.

Why is your beater a Honda? Cause you know that it doesnt matter if it has a billion miles on it...it will still work. cant say the same thing about a chevy cavalier, or dodge neon, or ford escort.

New jap trucks are failing faster and faster... well ****...they are made in america. go figure. (it pains me to say that, but its true)

soooo...... you are basically saying you cant backup what you said.

there is nothing wrong about liking toyota, i dont have any issues with imports myself

but i dont undertsand the practice of making wild claims of import vs domestic and bashing domestics when you cant provide a shred of proof other than "i like toyota"





EDIT: Ya know what? when you change the filter to go off price or anything other than high mileage, all of the sudden there are plenty of those toyotas for sale.

so i guess the new ones are junk, the old ones dont get sold? lol

Last edited by JackThe Ripper; 01-07-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-07-2010, 05:28 PM
rkaz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
And Evan, I can't fit in Ford Rangers. I'm 6'5''.

I also can't fit into any of the 90s Nissan Pathfinders, and a few other vehicles. (just thought that I would throw that random fact out there for everybody)
Damn dude 6'5' how do u fit in the mustang then? I'm 6'1' and mine doesn't fit me to well. I also drive a 99 ranger that I fit in more comfortably than most everything I have drove. Sucks to c u sell ur car, its one of my favorite cars on here. Hope u sell it quick b4 u change ur mind.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 PM
rkaz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krenogin View Post
main point, snow is a problem here in KY, its mountainous, and NEVER flat. I have to climb hills that people would **** bricks on.
What part of KY u from? I live on the border of OH and WV in Ashland.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
zigzagg321's Avatar
Ninja
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 10,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThe Ripper View Post
soooo...... you are basically saying you cant backup what you said.

there is nothing wrong about liking toyota, i dont have any issues with imports myself

but i dont undertsand the practice of making wild claims of import vs domestic and bashing domestics when you cant provide a shred of proof other than "i like toyota"





EDIT: Ya know what? when you change the filter to go off price or anything other than high mileage, all of the sudden there are plenty of those toyotas for sale.

so i guess the new ones are junk, the old ones dont get sold? lol
The old ones dont get sold all too often.

The old ones are more reliable than the new ones it seems.

I included Nissan. "I like toyotas" has nothing to do with any of this.

Claiming that Japanese vehicles are more reliable than american vehicles is hardly a "wild" claim.

I dont need to back up what I am saying... whats more reliable? Japanese or American? Seriously?

The answer is obvious. No back up needed.

American car makers are getting better these days it seems...hope they keep it up.

My stang was dead nuts reliable...but it likely wouldnt be with 200k on the odo like my toyota.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

well without anything to back up your claim it is just a misguided opion.

lol.

sorry man, im at work, and im just real real bored.

lol
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
PColav6's Avatar
FYL.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 7,493
Default

My dad's recently retired 1981 Mustang ran fine with 267k miles on it. It was a 6 cylinder.

FWIW.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 22
Default

whats your paypal? steve's mustang is slow as ****... I R WANT MACHS!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Mr. Zip's Avatar
Driving an Xterra...
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longview, Texas
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PColav6 View Post
My dad's recently retired 1981 Mustang ran fine with 267k miles on it. It was a 6 cylinder.

FWIW.
Lol, my stang's 5-speed was going out with 121k. I vote your dad's was a fluke
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

**** YOU NICK!

EDIT: yer no fun nick

LOL

Last edited by JackThe Ripper; 01-07-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Mr. Zip's Avatar
Driving an Xterra...
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longview, Texas
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThe Ripper View Post
**** YOU NICK!
-link-

LOL
"Nitto extreme tires with great traction" LOL

Last edited by Mr. Zip; 01-07-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zip View Post
"Nitto extreme tires with great traction" LOL

lol... its a very sensible car
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:45 PM
King's Avatar
iDontcare
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,432
Default

You know you want it.

I REALLY want it gone by the weekend so I can pick up this light SUV I want.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

i hope your craigslist ad does not go to yer mom's email

lol
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 PM
WNRacing's Avatar
KWITCHERBITCHIN
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 6,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zip View Post
Lol, my stang's 5-speed was going out with 121k. I vote your dad's was a fluke
My old '98 Sixxer had over 140k and was still going strong with no hint of stopping. There are plenty of documented Mustangs going well over 200k and beyond.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:52 PM
King's Avatar
iDontcare
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThe Ripper View Post
i hope your craigslist ad does not go to yer mom's email

lol
Why?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM
WNRacing's Avatar
KWITCHERBITCHIN
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gallatin, TN
Posts: 6,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackThe Ripper View Post
i hope your craigslist ad does not go to yer mom's email

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
Why?

Uh-Oh........

::waits impatiently for the answer::
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Ketchum & Killem
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,065
Default

oh crap, i think i hear somone calling me, ill be back in a week.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-07-2010, 08:22 PM
King's Avatar
iDontcare
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,432
Default

Well, on that note I have put in my request to be banned. I don't like this place anymore. So I take back what I said when I said I'll stick around -- I've changed my mind.

Stephen coming back is rediculous -- and real life is more entertaining anyway. I will sell this on my own, get a light SUV and probably never get a mustang again because it has become brutally apparent by this site that only douchebags can drive mustangs. So, goodbye.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Mr. Zip's Avatar
Driving an Xterra...
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longview, Texas
Posts: 1,366
Default

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. WTFZ is happening to the forums?

Last edited by Mr. Zip; 01-07-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
Well, on that note I have put in my request to be banned. I don't like this place anymore. So I take back what I said when I said I'll stick around -- I've changed my mind.

Stephen coming back is rediculous -- and real life is more entertaining anyway. I will sell this on my own, get a light SUV and probably never get a mustang again because it has become brutally apparent by this site that only douchebags can drive mustangs. So, goodbye.
bye.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-07-2010, 08:45 PM
stanley423's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNRacing View Post
My old '98 Sixxer had over 140k and was still going strong with no hint of stopping. There are plenty of documented Mustangs going well over 200k and beyond.
My V6 2002 mustange has 180K on it and it still runs strong and my dad's '92 mustang has 134K on it and it is still running strong so yea there is two more that have high miles and still going strong!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-07-2010, 08:46 PM
King's Avatar
iDontcare
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJesus View Post
bye.
Burn in hell, bitch.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greatest youtube comment drag_racer33 The Lounge 1 04-30-2010 07:09 PM
King's Official Picture Thread King Pictures 107 05-07-2009 11:13 AM
A Final Comment SLVR04GT AGAIN SMACK Talk! 77 11-27-2008 07:26 PM
VIR Funny Comment-**NWS Language** mcmmotorsports Videos 0 08-03-2006 05:32 AM
Come comment on this thread... ChrisXoxide The Lounge 1 04-21-2005 03:41 PM


Tags
364000miles, run, tacoma, toyota

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 PM.