2nd Annual 03-04 Mach 1 Showdown
This is the 2nd annual Showdown event for 03-04 Mach 1's with a modular motor DOHC 4.6l or 5.4l motors. The event will be held on September 18th, 2008 from 9:00am - 5:00pm at Summit Racing Motorsports Park located in Norwalk, Ohio. All 03-04 Mach 1ís entering to run event class/classes must be street registered & street licensed according to your state requirements.
The fee per 03-04 Mach 1 class entry drivers will be a pre-paid $125 ea, which includes all open track time and the evening cook out, bon fire get together. You can run more then 1 class for 1 entry fee as long as your Mach is within the rules of each class, no exceptions. This will be a cash payout to winner/runner-up of each class. Also, trophies for all winner/runner-up including trophy for the quickest ET Mach & fastest MPH
Mach during the showdown class eliminations.
This event will have the works including a full team of track officials to operate/control tech inspection for 03-04 Mach 1 class racers, the staging lanes, starting tree, water box, ET booth, track sprayed & prepped twice. The tower will be operational with PA system. Additional commendations open on the track premises will be the concession stand, Sunoco fuel pumps, PDI nitrous filling station, Harlow tire shop, along with excellent lavatory facilities. There will be special guests/sponsors in the Mustang world attending this event.
This event will be open to all Ford Mustangs during open track. Open track will be from 9:00am - 1:00pm. The 03-04 Mach 1 Showdown classes will start at 1:30pm and last about 2 hrs. Then open track will resume until 5:00pm. Fee for all open track Ford Mustang participants only, will be a pre-paid $40 ea. All open track Mustang participants are invited/welcome to attend the evening cook out, bon fire get together.
Sponsors and special guests attending so far. Norwalk, Ohio owners/racers, Jeff & Tammy Chambers of CRT Performance. Jeff is our biggest sponsor and takes care of racers that break at the track. Their performance shop is located 2 miles from the track. They also host the evening cook out & bon fire on their 5 acre home property. Jeff Chambers is also a NASA Engineer at Glenn Research center. Paul Sviniki out of Michigan owner of Paul's High Performance shop 2nd year as a sponsor attending. Lidio Iacobelli out of Michigan owner of Alternative Performance INC, attending 2nd year as driver. Scott Hoag (Ford Project Designer of the 03-04 Mach 1) 2nd year attending out of Michigan, now owner of Mustang Racing Technologies as sponsor. Joe Heck Racing out of New Jersey 1st year sponsor. Maximum Motorsports 1st year sponsor. Dave Wagner founder of the Mach 1 Registry attending 2nd year and sets up as vendor for Mach 1 products & apparel. Jeff Schmell NMRA Factory Stock runner-up 2 yrs in a row will be racing his 2nd year at this event. Brian Marr NMRA racer in Factory Stock will be driving 1st year. Bob Cosby was our official tech inspector and staging lanes official in 2007, he hopes to return this year. Bob was the 2004 NMRA Factory Stock champ in 2004. He is also a Lt. Commander in the Navy at Norfolk, VA retiring this year. Also, Evan J. Smith (Chief editor of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords) advised me he will do what he can for magazine coverage for this years event. Josh Klugger NMRA Drag Radial class advised me he will attend.
03-04 Mach 1 Classes
There will be 6 classes. First 5 classes are heads up using a .500 Pro Tree. After the heads up classes are complete, the 6th and final class to run will be a bracket class. This will be a standard Sportsman .500 tree.
The 6 classes are as follows:
1. Factory Mach - N/A 4.6l DOHC Factory Motor Only! Street tire/drag radials only. Factory style 17" or larger wheels only, no front skinnies. Factory or aftermarket full exhaust, shorty headers OK. Basic engine external bolt ons (no ported intake), intake spacer OK. Factory transmissions only, strengthening mods to manual or auto transmissions OK, (example: 26 spline input shaft OK). Factory auto trans only, aftermarket converter OK. Any rear gear ratio OK. No 2 step, no trans brake. Aftermarket shifter OK, aftermarket clutch OK. Aluminum flywheel OK. Factory style suspension front & back, example: No tubular K-member or tubular A arms. Aftermarket rear upper/lower control arms OK. Aftermarket front/rear shocks OK. Removing front sway bar OK. Aftermarket full/standard sub-frames OK. Lowering springs OK. Custom tunes OK. Must have full interior, must have passenger seat, factory style brakes, any Driveshaft.
2. Modified Mach- N/A 4.6l DOHC Factory Long Block Only! Ported intake OK, aftermarket intake OK, intake spacers OK. Anything else goes!
3. Super Mach - N/A 4.6l DOHC or 5.4l DOHC Motor Only! Anything else goes!
4. Power Mach - 4.6l DOHC Factory Long Block with One Power Adder Only! Ported intake OK, aftermarket intake OK, intake spacers OK. Anything else goes!
5. Ultimate Mach- 4.6l DOHC or 5.4l DOHC Motor Only! Any power adder or combination of power adders. Anything else goes!
6. Bracket Mach - All classes can run in this bracket class showdown
Guys running nitrous can run one of the N/A classes also. Bottles will be checked so that the supply line is disconnected.
Summit Motorsports Park will allow anyone attending this event to stay/camp overnight Wednesday night for a fee of $12 and Thursday night free.
If interested in entering classes or just running during open track, please contact me, (Phil Bastian) at [email protected]
or contact me thru the Mach 1 Registry (screen name Phil) at http://www.mach1registry.com/index1.htm
. For additional information, lodging, itinerary, pre-payment of driver fees and so on, please monitor the Mach 1 Registry for continued updates and listings of all who are attending.
RULES AND INFORMATION LISTED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO OR ON THE DAY OF THIS EVENT.