Power Adders Technical discussions for forced induction with nitrous and blowers.

Intercooled ProCharger

Old 04-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Default Intercooled ProCharger

I am thinking of buying this used proCharger kit for my 05 V6 and i was wondering do i have to change my injectors and if so where do i get them and what size do i need.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:48 PM

I am just wondering if i can make it ith the stock injectors or it is a must have for bigger injectors.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:41 PM

You'll need new injectors, new fuel pump, new MAF, probably want to get rid of the rear-end and get an 8.8 for it. You'll need a taller gear in the rear to accommodate the centri anyways so you might as well.

It's not just a simple process, nor can you just slap it on.

Then you're going to have to go get it tuned somewhere and buy a handheld that they can use to tune it with. And that's the fun part....

Old 04-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Redfire GT

Yeah buying used is great to get a deal but there is probably going to be other stuff you'll need. I bought my procharger used and spent an another $1000 on the little things plus the tune. Like said above you will need injectors, fuel pump and maf at the minimum. What all comes with the kit? Just the pipes and supercharger?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Administrator

No Maf change and no fuel pump upgrade is needed for the v6 kit. However the complete ATI procharger kit, plus the injectors and a tune will need to be done. The v6 has the same fuel system as the GT and the GT makes way more power with boost.

You can install these kits in your garage in a weekend and drive it to work on Monday. If you have all the parts ready to go when you do the install. And the Procharged 4L cars really move out!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Hot, Nasty, Bad ass speed

Install is simply bolt on really. Just make sure you have all the parts you need beforehand. Look at the manual for the procharger kit and it will have an itemized list of everything. You won't need a new rear end or gears. You won't be making enough power to bust up your rear end and gears are a preference. It's kinda nice having little taller gears with a centri-blower since the boost is made up top. Just research some and see what all you need. I pieced together my Vortech kit and was definitely cheaper when all was said and done. Just do your homework first.

But yes, injectors are a must. You need that added fuel. I got a set of used 42lb. injectors for $100. Not hard to find at all. Look at corral.net

Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 00blkstanggt
Install is simply bolt on really. Just make sure you have all the parts you need beforehand. Look at the manual for the procharger kit and it will have an itemized list of everything. You won't need a new rear end or gears. You won't be making enough power to bust up your rear end and gears are a preference. It's kinda nice having little taller gears with a centri-blower since the boost is made up top. Just research some and see what all you need. I pieced together my Vortech kit and was definitely cheaper when all was said and done. Just do your homework first.

But yes, injectors are a must. You need that added fuel. I got a set of used 42lb. injectors for $100. Not hard to find at all. Look at corral.net
If he's doing gears he might as well do an 8.8, that was my point. Find one out of a GT with 3:55s.